1. Reduce the size of your estate to avoid estate taxes.
2. Gifting is an effective way to reduce the size of your estate to avoid a steep tax (up to 40% on everything above the exemption amount) on your estate.
3. There are several ways to gift, all of which are tax deductible. The following list is a few of them:
* One time or repeated individual gifts whenever you wish to give them.
* Gifts as a testamentary devise through your will or trust
* Charitable remainder trusts (CRT), where you pay yourself income on the asset for the duration of your life, and when you die, the corpus of the asset goes to charity. This reduces the size of your estate for estate tax purposes because although you receive income for life on the property in the CRT, you no longer own it.
4. Estate planning is an important part of life. It is a prudent and responsible choice which will affect your family and can positively affect charitable organizations for years to come. Your charitable gift of any size makes a difference!